Here is our hands on review for this cool gadget. At first glance, PSP-3000 looks similar to PSP Slim. There are are a number of subtle differences, however. Notably, the entire faceplate has been given a smooth matte-finish in contrast to the glossy, fingerprint-attracting coat of previous iterations. The Sony logo has been shifted over to the left above the D-pad, while a push-button sporting the classic PlayStation logo is now in replacement of the familiar “Home” button. You’ll also find that the Select and Start buttons have been given a proportional oval shape. The chrome-style ring located on the back of the unit is now thinner as well. For many, none of these changes can be considered major, but they are certainly welcome improvements.
Sony looks Ɩіkе tһеу’re clearing out inventory fοr tһе upcoming NGP “Next Generation Portable” holiday season launch later tһіѕ year, аחԁ tһаt һаѕ portable gamers һарріеr tһаח a pig іח slop. Sony recently announced tһеу аrе moving tһе price οf tһеіr PSP 3000 portable gamer tο $129, a mονе wһісһ һаѕ mаԁе tһе “game οח tһе ɡο” crowd rаtһеr һарру. Tһаt іѕ a pretty healthy mονе frοm tһе $169 іt wаѕ set аt, bυt tһе real bіɡ news іѕ tһеу wіƖƖ probably ɡеt a ɡοοԁ bit οf tһаt saved money back wһеח gamers see tһе prices οf ѕοmе οf tһе mοѕt рοрυƖаr PSP titles οf аƖƖ time.
he verdict on the specs perspective is that if you’re a heavy PSP user with extra cash to blow, if you need the external mic for chatting with friends or for woking while playing, or if you want to play games on a standard TV (a cool feature) , the PSP 3000 is certainly the sleeker, visually crisper choice over last year’s model. If you’re an original PSP owner and skipped the PSP 2000, you’ll see an even more dramatic difference upgrading. But if you’re already rolling and content with a PSP 2000, you can can save money by not paying yet for this upgrade, unless you have plenty of cash to spare.
- Dimensions Approx. 169.4 x 18.6 71.4 mm / 6¾ x ¾ x 2¾ in (width x height x depth)
- 189g / 6.7oz (including battery pack)
- PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1-333MHz)
- 64MB Memory
- 4.3 inches (16:9) full-transparent type, TFT drive, 480 x 272 pixel, approximately 16,770,000 colours displayed
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b) (Wi-Fi)
- Read-only UMD™ drive
- High Speed USB (USB2.0)
- DC IN 5V connector, DC OUT connector, Video out/headset connector, Memory Stick PRO Duo, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) Game UMD™ Video
- Analogue Video Out and mic (NEW)
- Directional buttons (up/down/right/left), Analog stick
Action buttons (triangle, circle, cross, square)START button, SELECT button, PS button
POWER/HOLD switch, WLAN switch
Display button, Sound button, Volume (+/-) buttons
- Region code, parental control
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery pack
- AC adaptor; USB power supply; 169.4×18.6×71.4mm; 189g